Nov 13, 2006

The Best Tortilla soup EVER!

I have told so many people about this recipe that I thought I better just post it so that everyone can try it! It really is mine and Paul's favorite meal. Enjoy!!!

4 chicken breast halves
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp. margarine
2 14 1/2-oz. cans chicken broth
2 14 1/2-oz. cans chopped stewed tomatoes
1 cup salsa (mild, medium, or hot, whichever you prefer)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp., or more, ground cumin
8-oz. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
sour cream
tortilla chips

1. Cook, debone, and shred chicken.
2. Add minced garlic to margarine in slow cooker. saute.
3. Combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream, and chips.
4. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
5. Divide cubed cheese among 6 individual soup bowls. Ladle soup over cheese. Sprinkle with chips and top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream. (everything tastes better with a dollop of daisy:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I'm gonna make it! Fo sho!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP