With all of the fuss about the baby I don't think Paul has been getting the attention that he deserves on our blog. Just this Monday night he surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. He wanted me to have something to remind me how much he loves me while he was away on a business trip, for one night. So sweet!
I am finally doing the fun husband tag that I have seen on every one's blogs.
What is his name? Paul
How long have you been together? We have been together as a couple for 3 years and 3 months. We have known each other for almost 6 years.
How long did you date? We dated for about 6 months before getting engaged. We were officially engaged for about 1 month and 3 weeks!
How old is he? He is 26, turning 27 in April.
Who eats more? Most definitely Paul, unless it is dessert!:)
Who said I love you first? I think Paul "officially" said it first. I implied it before he did, but I didn't want to be the first one to actually say it. (Silly, I know.)
Who is taller? Paul is taller than me by 2.5 inches.
Who is smarter? I think we all know that Paul takes the cake on this one. He is bursting with all sorts of knowledge! However, when it comes to fixing, building, or creating anything I tend to be a step ahead of him.
Who does the laundry? We both do, it just depends on who has the extra time, or who has the most urgent need.
Who does the dishes? We both do. We have a really great rule in our house that whoever cooks doesn't have to do the dishes. I think Paul came up with it to motivate me to cook a little more often. It worked...:)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are looking at the bed, I do.
Who pays the bills? Paul brings home most of the bacon and I send it right back out.
Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn, but I can usually get Paul to vacuum. I can pretty much guarantee that when we do have a lawn it will be Paul's domain. He has always had an interest in landscape design. He is very excited for the day when he can make that a hobby.
Who cooks dinner? Currently I do most of the cooking. Paul is a natural in the kitchen, but doesn't have the time to cook most nights, unless we plan to eat dinner at 8pm. He enjoys cooking a Sunday meal every so often and always makes me breakfast on Sunday mornings.
Who drives when you are together? Typically Paul, but if we are in Utah I usually end up driving because Paul hates the snow and doesn't know his way around as well. Sometimes I will choose to drive in the LA traffic because Paul's California driving can make me very nervous and car sick!
Who is more stubborn? We can both be stubborn, but I have to say that Paul is more stubborn. I think it comes with being the oldest child.
Who kissed who first? Paul kissed me first, on Valentines day, in the rain, it was so romantic!
Who asked who out first? Paul asked me out first. We have a really funny first date story. In short, he took me snow tubing and as we were going down the hill we saw a HUGE jump in front of us. He bailed and left the tube completely off balance. I hit the jump and the tube flew one way and I flew the other. I landed right on me face and skidded across the icy snow. I was all cut up and had a nice fat lip. Paul felt so bad! He took me home and put some neosporin on my face for me. The next morning I woke up to a "get well" package on my door step with a sweet note. It didn't take me long to figure out that he was a keeper!
Who proposed? Paul proposed. He woke me up early in the morning and drove me to the bottom of Ensign peak. We hiked to the top and watched the sun rise. He packed a yummy little breakfast for us too. After the sun was up he began to tell me all of the reasons that he loved me and then asked me to stand up. He got down on one knee and asked me if I would be his wife. I said, "Yes!"
Who wears the pants in the family? I think we have a very large pair of pants and we each wear a leg. Currently we have a pretty well balanced relationship where we both help out with everything. I am sure we will transition to more traditional roles once I am a stay at home Mom.
Feb 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I forgot about the tubing story! Ha! So funny! Good times. :)
Post a Comment