Jul 8, 2006

Washington D.C.

I Love the D.C. Temple!

After going to the temple P and I bought all day passes for the Metro and cruised all over the city. We had an absolute blast! There is so much to see and so little time. We have plans to return before the summer is over.














P was part of the Washington Seminar program two years ago. It was great seeing where he lived etc. We also enjoyed meeting some of the BYU students that are in the program this summer.
We had a delicious sea food dinner on the banks of a stream that runs into the Potomac River.

The Washington Monument . . . I have yet to go to the top, but someday. . . Isn't it beautiful!





The new World War II monument is really well done, as you can see in the top left picture. It was so fun to sit and relax there. Everyone just takes their shoes off and cools down with their feet soaking in the pool.
There was a culture fair down by the monuments. We saw some really cool things there, one of them being this truck! Pretty sweet huh. I also had my first Mango Lassie. Yum! Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What on earth is a mango lassie? (By the way, D.C. looks like lots of fun!)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP