Nov 17, 2007

It's a . . .BOY?!

We just found out tonight. I have to be honest and admit that I was kind of hoping for a girl, but we are very excited to welcome a little boy to our family. Paul had that (sorry, but I told you so. . .) look on his face when we found out. He will be such a great Dad! He feels much more prepared to have a boy since he comes from a family of four boys. I come from a family of four boys too, so I guess I shouldn't be nervous either.:)



Thanks for all of your great suggestions on what to get! I am sure there will be more questions coming in the near future. . .
We don't have a scanner so this is as good as it gets for now. This is the best picture we have of the baby's face. ( I had to take a picture of the picture.) He was waving at us with his arm right above his head. Isn't he cute?!:) (His head is on the right side of the screen with his hand curled up next to it and his elbow extending up and out to the middle of the picture.) We learned that he has very long legs and big hands. . . he's definitely a Tikalsky!


Protein! Protein! Protein! So, I got Paul a "Daddy book" and I was so excited when I found out that he was actually reading it! Well, one of the first things that he learned was that protein contributes to the development of brain cells during the first 20 weeks. (I eat protein, but not a ton. I just don't like it that much, especially since I have been pregnant.) Of course Paul wants our child to be a genius so he decided to help out. He did the grocery shopping last week and this is SOME of what he came home with. Yum?! Well I ate it and all I can say is, only 2 more weeks to go . . .(then I'll be at 20 weeks.)

20 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats on the BOY!!Actually sorry to break it to you but Protein is good through out the whole pregnancy. We took a Bradly class and we had to track all that I ate each week to make sure I was eating the protein I should. Although I must say that my girls were on the bigger side and VERY healthy!:)

Anonymous said...

Ok, first of all I'm SO excited for you! For some reason I've been thinking you were going to have a boy. Jill was a little dissapointed when she found out she was having a boy but she's having SO much fun with him now! He's so cute. And just look at Brendi's Michael! Cutest ever.

Second of all, I knew you of all people would appreciate how amazing it is that I'm listening to Christmas music before Turkey day. In fact, I feel a little guilty when I listen to it for all the times that I tackled you and hid your cds....Sorry bout that. :)

LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! I have heard it is nice to have a boy first! (: Have fun! And remember to keep eating lots of protein throughout your pregnancy as it is important for all growth! That was hard for me too - esp being a vegetarian!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see him when he is born he will be so cute.

momsheets said...

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boy or girl, doesn't matter! We love you two (three!).

Lori said...

Good point. I'll keep eating lots of protein! I may become a vegetarian after this. . .

Unknown said...

I'll keep her on the protein. No worries there! :-) I'll just have to keep coming up with creative and good ways to eat chicken, eggs, and fish. I also figured out that milk, nuts, protein bars, and beef jerky are great sources of protein that Lori likes.

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Congrats! Of course I am totally biased, but I am so so thankful for having 2 boys, it it the best having my two little buddies follow me around everywhere. I am totally excited for you guys!

Kalie said...

Holy Cow! Congratulations a billion times over! Just think how great it will be to have a big brother to protect his little sisters. Most excellent! And I love the protein picture. Paul is so funny! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats again and keep posting pictures!

Alison said...

Hey Paul - congratulations on your upcoming baby! It's so exciting! So glad to catch up with you and read your blog.

I read your wife's blog about baby items and have a great suggestion for you guys of one of the items I couldn't live without...

Go to bedbathandbeyond.com and type in "heads up comfort pillow."

It's an amazing pillow that hangs over a chair or the couch or whatever and supports your neck while you sit up and sleep...and trust me, you'll be doing a lot of that. We still use it and we love it. Congrats again!!!

Marci said...

Reading about your pregnancy kinda makes me what to get pregnant again. I really loved being pregnant. It's miraculous and overwhelming at how much joy and love you already have for that little peanut growing inside of you. You mentioned protein...did your doctor give you a vitamin to take to help with brain and vision development? I can't remember the name of it. I'm sure your little boy will be so healthy. They get what they need and suck the life out of you...literally! You'll love having a boy. I felt the same way about wanting a girl and now I can't imagine not having my little guy.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Congratulations!!!! We are SO excited for you guys!! You will be an amazing mom to a little guy! How fun! Congrats again!!!

Kara said...

Lori!
Congrats!!! That is so exciting!

Hope ya'll have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Jaclyn said...

Hey Paul! Congrats on the baby boy! I'm so glad to see you guys are doing so well. Please email me your address so I can send you guys a wedding invitation! jaclyn.thompson@gmail.com

Good luck with the pregnancy Lori!

--Jackie T.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

Yay for little boys! We love having a baby boy! for some reason he has been so much easier than our girls! it may be baby to baby, but I have heard that boys are easier than girls and now experiencing both i can say i feel the same way. I'm so happy for you guys! CONGRATS!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Having a little boy is SO fun!

As for the protein, cottage cheese has a lot of protein, don't know if you're a cottage cheese person, for me it has to be just the right brand or I don't like it. Mix it with a little fruit and it can almost substitute as a dessert. Or, you could make smoothies at home and add a scoop of Whey Protein.

On the products I LOVE the steam bags by Medella that sterilize anything from pacifiers to pump equipment. If you check our blog there is a picture of them.

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

Ok, I thought of something you HAVE to have if you are going to nurse. They are called Hooter Hiders, and they are amazing! One of the struggles of nursing is when you are in public and need to be covered, most babys don't like their face to be covered because they can't see you. These cover the baby and you but have a opening for you to see the baby. plus they are light weight and fold up small into any bag. They have super cute materials. This I would say is my most used and loved baby item!

Marci said...

Hey, do you mind sending me your address so I can send you a Christmas card?

Unknown said...

...did your doctor give you a vitamin to take to help with brain and vision development? - This would be your omega 3 oils - some dr don't mention it, but the APA says it hlps a lot!!!! Be sure to ask your dr about it!!!! http://www.expectantmothersguide.com/library/pittsburgh/omega-3.htm

Tiffany said...

We are so excited for you guys! Congrats! Hey, Paul...what was your mom's maiden name? I remember that she said that my father-in-law was her bishop or stake president or something. I think she grew up where we live now. Take care! :)

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP