Here are some of the highlights:
- January - April 14th basically consisted of baby showers and baby prep. Classes, shopping decorating, lots of reading, and of course miles and miles of walking, trying to get that baby out! We also visited G&G Sheets in San Diego.
- April 15th - We welcomed a beautiful soul into the world, which was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. It was wonderful having both of our Mom's out to help.
- May and June - We celebrated our first official mother's day and Father's day.
- I believe Emmett went to the beach 10 times between April and September.
- We had a fun long trip to Utah and Idaho in August. Emmett had his first plane ride and I was so nervous to make the trek alone with him, but all went well. We also celebrated our 3 year anniversary in August.
- In September we moved across the street to our bigger and cheaper apartment which we have loved, but I don't think I will ever be able to think of this apartment and not have ants sneek into the same thought!
- We threw our first official party in October and had a great Halloween.
- In November we spent Thanksgiving with the Lowery's
- and much of December was spent preparing for, enjoying and recovering from our Christmas vacation.
- Paul has been serving as the executive secretary and I have been serving as the Coordinator of our 3 nurseries.
- On a personal note, I picked up photography and started my Etsy shop, both of which have been huge creative adventures for me.
This year has been very low key compared to our first 2 years of marriage, but it has been the best year by far! Emmett has brought so much joy to our lives. We love being our own little family and are continually learning of ways that we can do better. We thank you for the great examples you are to us and the things that you teach us. I love spending time with my older brother's and their families because I always pick up new parenting tips and tricks. Thanks to all of you for helping make 2008 a great for us!
1 comment:
I sure love you guys!
Post a Comment