(Warning, long post ahead!)
After almost 2 weeks of me and Emmett being sick it feels great to get back in the groove of things. I was determined to stick to our routine today. I got up, read my scriptures, made the bed, got dressed, checked my email and ate breakfast before E even woke up! Boy did that feel good! Then I got E up, got him dressed, fed him breakfast and then we went for a walk to the bank so I could deposit some checks. I also called to lovely ladies while on my walk that I have been dying to talk to, so that was great too.
We got back from the walk, had a snack and E went down for his nap. I was able to work on some Etsy stuff while he was napping. When he woke up we had lunch and then headed off to the park. HE WAS IN HEAVEN! Last Friday we took him to the mall to play in their little play yard and he LOVED it! I realized he is to the point where I need to get him outside and doing more physical activities. He loved walking on the soft ground covering by the little playground. That's right I said walking! He can take about 10 steps before he falls down. He liked picking up the sand and kept trying to eat it. He doesn't like grass much at this point, too poky. He really enjoyed the swing, mostly because he was able to watch the other kids swinging. We also had fun crawling under the playground where the tic tac toe game was and lots of cob webs! Today I was so grateful to be a young mom! It was so fun crawling around, exploring and getting dirty right along with my son. I love the simple things that bring children so much joy!
After the park we went straight to an apartment complex in the ward to meet up with the Sister missionaries. I LOVE having Sisters in our ward! I have had the opportunity over the past several months to go out with them once every week or two. I take Emmett along with me. Most of the time the people they are scheduled to visit aren't home, but the past few weeks I've gotten lucky. We have been visiting a man who is full of great questions and sincerity. Today I was able to testify of the Book of Mormon to him and it felt better than 1 million Etsy sales! (That's seriously the thought that I had while driving home:) He wants to come to church on Sunday. I love missionary work! I am so grateful for these opportunities, since I did not serve a mission myself. It is fun to get a little taste of what it is like. I have a picture with the sisters that I need to have Paul scan. I would like to save it on my blog.
We got home and Emmett went straight down for a nap and I realized I had nothing to do. Dinner was in the crockpot and the two things I had left to do (vacum and put E's clothes away) could not be done while he was sleeping, which brings us to right now.... was that long or what?!
I do have some pictures of Emmett to post, so watch for them.
The church is true and I love you!
Feb 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a productive day! I can't believe he is walking!! Time goes by so fast! And I must say.. Its about time you added me so I can look at your cute blog again!! ~Thanks
Glad to have an update! Sorry you've been sick! Don't just love days like that where you get so much done and things fall into place! Emmett is such a cute little boy. How fun that he's walking!
I adore you. Can't wait to see you guys and love on and play with Emmett!!!
Post a Comment