
(Can you see all of his teeth?!)
Last weekend we went to El Torito with our friends Brandon and Jacie for date night. Emmett started to get fussy so one of the servers brought him a balloon. He really enjoyed it until it came untied and floated up to the ceiling.

The scab on his nose is from falling off the curb in our parking lot. Paul kind of let him do it hoping that after falling off once he would learn his lesson and be more careful. . . I am not convinced that it worked.

We went over to the Newman's last week so Emmett could meet their bunny Mr. Wilson.

We ate half of our lunch out on the grass and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Emmett wouldn't sit still long enough to finish. He just wanted to run around and explore.
I love that it is lighter later now. 3-6pm is always the hardest time of the day. We have started going to the park around 4:30 in the afternoons to help us make it through until Paul gets home.

Smiling at the little girl in the swing next to him.



Emmett is pretty fearless and he loves watching and following the bigger kids around the park. He says hi to everyone that crosses his path and if they don't respond he says it louder! I don't think they realize that he is talking to them.
Today at the grocery store the minute someone else would come on the same isle as us he would start yelling hi. People didn't really know what to think of it, poor kid. I try to keep encouraging him to be friendly even if someone doesn't respond. But don't get me wrong MOST people do. I always get comments about how happy and cheerful he is. He has started doing a little fake laugh to get a response from people too, it's pretty funny.


Our family home evenings consist of singing about 5 primary songs and then trying to teach Emmett who Jesus is and how to say Jesus. Then we put him to bed and work on memorizing The Living Christ. (He is holding his new cell phone in his hand. When we visited Dave and Laura I saw that Nathan had one of their old cell phones as a toy. They would charge it and everything for him. I thought it was genius! So I pulled one of our old ones out for him. Now he has his own cell phone and laptop....sheesh!!)
He has been a little testy the last couple of days I think it is because his fourth tooth is breaking through on top.
Oh yeah, and I about had a heart attack tonight! Paul so kindly took Emmett outside to walk around while I was finishing up dinner, well when they came back Paul forgot to shut the front door! We were in our room chatting away and then realized it had been way too quiet for way too long and both ran out to the living room to find the front door wide open. Talk about THE worst feeling in the world!!! We ran out the door to find Emmett walking down the sidewalk with his cat in the hat stuffed animal in tow. (He's Emmett's little sidekick now. If he has his cat in the hat or his teddy with him he acts like he doesn't need us.) I was SO Grateful that he didn't walk out into the street! and that he struggles going down stairs. He had to climb down three stairs to get to the sidewalk. (Maybe Paul was right about the stair thing. He didn't seem to have any scrapes or bumps from going down so he must have been very careful.) Had that not slowed him down who knows where he would have walked off to! I still feel sick!
4 comments:
That is scary when you loose a kid. The worse is when you are shopping and one walks off, and you are searching all over the place for her. i have caught lexi twice crying and talking to a store employee trying to tell them who her mommy and I just about start crying too (if I haven't already started from losing her) cause she is so scared. :(
Just reading that gave me a heart attack!!!! Glad he's ok!
He's such a cute kid! I know what you mean...you just want EVERYONE to be friendly back so your kid doens't get discouraged and stop being friendly! I still feel that way with my kids.
Fun times. And scary! I'm glad he didn't get far.
And sheesh is right, I didn't get a cell phone until I was 25 years old!
Post a Comment