Jan 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley



I was shocked when I received word of President Gordon B. Hinckley's passing this evening. We will miss our beloved prophet. I am so grateful for all of the inspiring words that he shared with us and the smiles that he brought to our faces. He truly was an inspired Prophet of God. Although we mourn his passing, my heart is filled with joy when I think of him being reunited with his eternal sweetheart and of course our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude this evening as I ponder the blessing that it is to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation. I know where I came from, why I am here and where I am going, that in and of its self brings me so much peace, confidence and joy in this life. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God. I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to study his life in depth over the next two years in Relief Society. Let us not forget how blessed we are as members of the church to have this knowledge. It is the greatest gift that we could ask for. It is a gift that we must always be ready and willing to share.

3 comments:

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

I agree 100%! What a great post Lori! :)

Rohatinsky Family said...

Hey Lori! Jena (Mortenson) Rohatinsky, from Nauvoo here. I saw your blog through Shannon Simonsens and have enjoyed reading up about you and your family! I had no idea you were pregnant- CONGRATULATIONS! THat is so exciting. When exactly are you due? My blog is www.rohatfam.blogspot.com.

missy d said...

Hey you guys....I just wanted to give you a little update because it might be a few days till I post anything about Spencer's application process on our blog. Well, he applied in the second round to 7 schools (Yale, Duke, Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, Virginia, Texas, and UCLA) and he has been asked to interview at 3 so far (Carnegie Mellon, Virginia, and Texas), plus Duke has open interviews so he is planning on doing that as well. He is very excited about all of them, but mostly the chance to interview at Virginia!!! It will be another month till we know final decisions, we'll keep you posted!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP