Jun 25, 2009

A post that's not about E, but he did sneak into a couple of pics...

Last week I was feeling extra domestic.




I got this adorable chair at Goodwill for $5. It's in perfect condition and Emmett loves it! I will paint it red.
After making homemade bread completely from scratch last week I decided I needed a breadmaker. I found a Breadman at Goodwill for $5 and it works!
This was Father's day dinner. We cooked together, but Paul actually ended up doing most of the work because he loves cooking "fancy" meals. I got a great deal on the cornish game hen. The meal was delish! I did make Paul breakfast in bed and Emmett gave him a cute card. We enjoyed talking to our Dad's and going for a nice Sunday evening walk.
Paul also got a yoga mat for Father's Day. (okay it was a gift for me too.;) But his work is having a biggest loser competition right now and he is currently in 3rd place! He is doing an awesome job! One of the fun things they are doing is having a yoga instructor come once a week right before the end of the day. He said it looks like fun, so hopefully getting him a mat will encourage him to go try it. I have wanted to try yoga for a while now. I think I will start watching for a book or something to get me started. Any suggestions?

I made strawberry freezer jam that should last us a year.

I decided to start taking advantage of our large patio by planting a little garden. Our friend Mike gave us a matchstick garden a couple of years ago and I finally planted it in this box. Just yesterday little sprouts started popping up. I am so excited for these fresh herbs to grow! Emmett enjoys having his little hoop outside. It is nice to go out and get some fresh air without having to chase him across the apartment complex!


The guy at Lowe's convinced me that I need a topsy turvey to grow tomatoes on my patio. So far my plant is doing really well! I will let you know how it goes...
We are also growing Cilantro. It is doing awesome! I think I will transplant it to a larger pot next week so we can grow even more. Cilantro is most definitely my favorite herb.
Other than that we have been keeping busy with our church callings and the various summer activities that have been going on. This time of year is so much fun! It seems like there is always something to do.

3 comments:

natter said...

Is it just me, or does E look like a Vampire in the first photo?? :) I love this post. Love all the fun things you're growing!! I want a little herb garden!

Kristen said...

Our cilantro is coming up and doing really well too! Suggestions for recipes (other than salsa) to make with it? Thanks! Love ya!

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

Yoga kicks my butt! We have a free class on base that is twice a week and I'm starting to go but seriously I had no clue it would be so hard. I took a stress managment class in college and in my text book (that I kept despite Dan making fun of me) it has all the steps to yoga and all about it. I could always scan them to you if you don't end up buying a book. It is crazy you wouldn't think you would sweat so much doing a work out that isn't cardio but I sweat more during that yoga class than jogging. But I am just now starting to work out since the baby so I guess maybe my opnion doesn't count too much. But I can't wait to hear if you two like yoga!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP