Jul 18, 2008

I like to play the piano . . . sometimes

I started taking piano lessons when I was 7 and continued on for nine (what seemed to me) very long years. I am grateful to have the skill now, but after taking piano lessons for 9 years I don't think I am nearly as good as I should be. We got our piano about a year and a half ago. I was so excited when we received it! I hate to say that I sit down and play it only about once every month or two. Not because I lack the time, but because I only like to play the piano sometimes. . This is a song I like to play. I don't play it up to speed and I skip over the harder parts.
I still hold these down for way too long when I play . . .

and I have yet to master the use of this tempo keeping gadget . . .
If you ask me to play the piano, please do not ask me to play much more than these . . .
and if you really want to make me feel comfortable while playing, request this hymn . . .
I do love the hymns and I am glad that I can play them. This was my first favorite hymn. . .
Whenever I look at that beautiful piano just sitting in my livingroom, and feel a huge amount of guilt for not playing it often enough, I just think of the many years ahead that I can force my children to sit down and play it everyday, just like my parents did to me. It makes me feel a little better.



The End!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Lori!! They look fantastic.

And yes, you can always sleep on our couch!! :)

Stephanie said...

You sure take fantastic pictures! I wish I had given myself more of a chance to learn the piano. I gave up after a few months :( I bet you are enjoying sunny California lucky girl!

Rachael said...

Loved this post!! I feel the same way and infact I also have a piano, that I play only occationally and will tourture my kids in the future with I LOVE IT!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP