Sep 8, 2008

I LOVE the great feeling that accompanies completing a project!


(These are the projects that I planned to complete this summer. I almost made it.)

Project #1:

I started this project about a year and a half ago, when I was with my Mom in Utah. I have worked on it little by little over my past three trips there. I finally brought it home with me in August and just finished sanding the edges today. . .


Project #2:

I wanted to make some magnets to go on my magnet board and got the instructions for these . . .


from my friend Lisa's blog. Thanks la la la Lisa!:)



Project #4:
I obviously don't have a little girl, but it was great having E around to make sure I got everything the right size. I took some pictures, but I am pretty sure Paul would flip out if I posted a picture of our son with a little girl headband and huge daisy on his head.:) I am excited to send these to some special little girls.


Project #5: I volunteered to make these bags for a service project. I am kind of worried that when I drop them off they will look nothing like the others. I probably should have asked to see a completed one before I made mine, but hey, it's just a bag... right?




Now I am onto a new project that I would like to complete before we move. I want to "redo" a few pieces of our bedroom furniture and make them look like they somewhat match. I am thinking black. Does anyone have experience with this or advice?
One last picture I want to post...
It doesn't matter where I put E. He always seems to find a way to see the TV! He cracks me up all of the time!

4 comments:

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

I am so impressed with all your crafts. You truly inspire me to do something with all my free time! I love the magnets, I seriously want to make some, so cute!!!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

you are amazing! WOW! I love all of your clips, so cute!

Nielsen Familia said...

Hey Firefly, I have been trying to make those headband flowers for a little while, but I don't know how to do a couple things. What kind of glue do you use to glue the ribbon to the metal? Do you use the same glue for the middle part of the flower? Also, how do you keep the petals of the flowers together, do you glue each layer together? Thanks for your help!

Love, Blinky

Lori said...

Hey Blinky! I just used a hot glue gun. This is the trick...find some cute scrapbooking brads (I just used colord ones, but you can find some really fancy ones) pull the middle part of the flower out and replace it with the brad. That is what holds all of your pedals together. Then you can put hot glue right along the two brad prongs and glue those onto your ribbon that is covering the clip. Does that make sense? Seriously, let me know if you have any other questions!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP