Oct 15, 2008

Are your cans driving you crazy?!


You can tell me that I am not a genius and it is just a piece of cardboard, but I won't believe you! For the longest time I have struggled with keeping our food storage organized, especially the cans. Some stack, some don't, some are short, some are tall etc. Well, the other day I thought, "Why don't I package my food the way the pros do?" You know how all cases of cans have a layer of cardboard in between? So here it is. I gave each canned product a column of its own and ordered them alphabetically. (I have a lot of shopping to do now to fill the holes.)

Before:
After:




After I put all of the food in I had the idea to cover the cardboard with contact paper to make it look nicer, but I don't care enough right now to do it.

I am extra excited because now I have room to recycle. (That's what the two boxes at the bottom of the pantry are for.)

Anyway, if you are having the same challenge with keeping your food storage organized, I hope this helps!

Now, of course I want you to share your ideas! Any suggestions on organizing food storage?

5 comments:

Amber said...

you are so smart Lori!

Carmen said...

Oooh, I have to say I have the same food OCDness. This is a good idea Lori.

Lisa Webb said...

ummmmmm your amazing!

Rachael said...

Um...Shelf reliance!! I LOVE IT, you set the size for the cans and then they rotate by themselves. It works for us!!

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

I love visiting your blog you always have these great ideas!!! love it!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP