Oct 17, 2008

An email to the Elder's quorum

We were so lucky to have a bunch of guys from church help us move a couple of weeks ago. As they were arriving I commented on the great turn out and how I was impressed that everyone was on time. They said, "Well, did you see Paul's email?" I said, "No, what email?" My friend Becky was kind enough to show it to me...

Sent from Paul:

Hey guys,

Thanks to those of you who have volunteered to help my family move this Saturday and to those who I arbitrarily put on this list because you are good guys and I thought you might be willing to help. I am optimistic and that we will have a successful and expeditious move this weekend. I think the schedule will be as follows:

7:45 – 9:15am Paul and one volunteer pick up the moving truck and drive to Fullerton to pick up the fridge (please let me know if you are willing to help with this part (John, can we use your dolly?)

9:00 – 9:15am Show up at my apartment; eat breakfast

9:15 – 9:30am Bring big pieces of furniture downstairs

9:30 – 10:30am Load the truck with boxes and furniture (only a 2-bedroom apartment)

10:30 – 11:30am Unload the truck

I estimate that if we have a pretty good turnout, everything should go pretty quickly. Please reply back to this email and let me know if you will be able to assist and specifically which hours you think you could help. Thanks!

Some of our friends got a kick out of the email...

John's reply:

I have never seen an agenda for a moving day. Should we setup a conference call on Fri to make sure we have every thing in place. Maybe you could assign me a task.

See you Saturday.

John

As our friends were joking about the email, in the back of my mind I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, I have totally rubbed off on Paul!" The only other person I know that would set up a schedule like that is ME! Way to go honey! :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

LOL that is pretty funny

Rebecca said...

Taking care of BUSINESS! That's the way it should be! No wasting time...sounds like Tyler...Tyler used to work as a professional mover and if he's involved in a move...ours or someone elses he switches into high gear and it's all bidness!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP