Last night I was exhausted by the time Paul got home. The laundry was strewn about the apartment, dry, but waiting to be folded. There were dirty dishes all over the kitchen, the table wasn't set, the food was cold and our apartment must have been 100 degrees, after having the oven on. What was my husband's response the minute he walked through the door?
He greeted me with a kiss and said, "I love it when you have wife days!"
I inquired as to what exactly a "wife day" was... He said there are some days when he comes home and can tell that I have put all of my time and energy into making our home a better place.
I thought to myself, "Shouldn't that be everyday?!" But, I just smiled and said, "Thank you."
I am grateful for the love, gratitude and admiration he shared.

No comments:
Post a Comment