Oct 6, 2008

I would like to introduce you to my "Michelle shelf"

I have a great friend that I met when we were living up north of LA. You guessed it, her name is Michelle. Michelle is one of the most creative people I know! Every time you walk into her home it is decked out in all sorts of seasonal decor. I loved going to her house each week to teach her daughter piano lessons. I was always taking mental notes of the things I would like to incorporate in my home decorating someday... Well that someday has come. Now that we are in a bigger apartment I finally have the space to make my "house" feel more like a home. Michelle told me that when she started collecting her holiday decor she started out small by simply decorating her bathroom for the various seasons. Then as she accumulated more decorations and moved into bigger spaces, she was able to expand the decor throughout her home. I have decided to start out with our dining area.

Now on to the shelf. You may be asking yourself, "What exactly is a Michelle shelf?" Well, when you walk into Michelle's family room she has an awesome tall black shelf (I believe it has 3 shelves and a cupboard on the bottom), I think it is from pottery barn. This shelf is always filled with seasonal decor, cute picture frames, jars full of different candy, figurines, and other objects.

I have been telling her that someday I would create a "Michelle shelf," and here is the proof. Now, my shelf is about half the size and I bought it at Target three years ago, but I think it is a good start. I took it apart and spray painted it with some left over paint I had from another project. (I wanted to paint it a different color, but couldn't settle on one, so I just used what I had.)



Please ignore the fact that my picture frames still have random strangers in them. I am still trying to get everything in order around here.



(Emmett has been such a good sport this past week. He practically lived in his pack n play aka cage as I was getting all of the unpacking done. I think he enjoyed being outside with me as I worked on this project. Don't worry grandmas, he wasn't outside while I was painting.:)

4 comments:

RobbandTKandfam said...

I absolutely love the picture frame with the skeleton on it, it is way cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think it looks great, Lori! Good job. :) And Emmett looks so cute in there, holding himself up! He's getting so big! I hope you decided to come home for Christmas so I can see him (and you, of course!)

Kara said...

Lori,
I was looking at your blog and noticed a picture of you with one of my good college friends, that i have lost contact with...do you know michelle michelle?
Kara

Lori said...

I do know Michelle Michel! She is in our ward right now. Here is her blog address - http://mmfamilyfun.blogspot.com
How fun it is to get in touch with old friends!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP